When we start our new entry to a more sustainable life, the most thing thing to change is our old consumption. Sometimes we need to say goodbye to our favorite brands in favor of the environment or spend some time to find more sustainable alternatives we like without hurting our wallet.
That's why many people give up in the beginning because breaking our old I that were ingrained in our brain for such a long time and! them with new ones is not easy. It takes patience, dedication, pilot of research, and support from family and friends.
Also, we tend to buy some products quite often to others, without the call on our consumption. 's from a' s perspective ', some items we use daily' from the environment. Some of them take several more than one of years to decompose and they pollute the environment. For example :
That's why it's important to take a step back from time to time and think about our consumption.
One way to make it happen is to keep a journal. By noting down our consumption patterns, we can keep track of both our spendings and goals about livmore sustainably.
- Be easy to yourself, set little goals in the beginning. You don't have to change your. yle and become a completely different person in one day.
- Ask more specific and less of the other. For example, if you're not recycling yet and want to start recycling, you can make time each week each week to sort waste and get ride of it.
- Try to make your own products instead of "unsustainable alternatives". Maybe devote some weekends to DYI projects and make your own eco-friendly products instead of brung unsustainable alternatives?
- Find sustainable alternatives to your favorite brands. You can make a list of your favorite, shopping places, restaurants, cafes so that you don't run out of places to go and give up.
- Take note of important days such as anniversaries and de-can make time to prepare something eco-friendly instead of rushing around and spending a ge amount of money on ready-made products.
- Don't forget to customize your journal. Every journey is different and not all-the same path. You can start from scratch, take in your own water bottle of
Don't forget, it might take longer than you had a thing, but it's a journey worth taking!